Established in 1888, Parker is celebrating 130 years of heritage and craftsmanship with the launch of 1,300 unique Parker Duofold ‘The Craft of Travelling’ luxury pens, inspired by founder George S. Parker’s own travels across the globe and his commitment to the art of fine writing. From Tahiti to Tonga, The New Caledonian Islands to China – George Parker had a unique appreciation for documenting new cultures, for experiencing the exquisite beauty of the world and for recounting and re-telling such precious unknown pleasures. It’s these values that have imbued within this 130th anniversary Duofold limited edition.
This special Duofold limited edition piece has 22 components carefully hand-assembled by experienced specialists to tell the story of George’s travels. Each of the individually numbered 1,300 pens features an ornate world map with lasered gold lines adorning a gold-plated body, a 2ct lapis lazuli jewel embedded in the cap, and an 18kt solid gold nib with a unique compass design. The world map is inspired by the diagram of the globe viewed from the poles. The rich blue tones of the map illustrated on the barrel and the precious 2ct lapis lazuli stone embedded into the cap, depict the deep blue of the ocean waves Parker navigated on his many quests over foreign seas.
A luxurious gift box inspired by vintage luggage style which features on the inside lid a map highlighting the countries visited by George during his trips. There is even PU latches and tag with GSP (George’s initials based on his handwriting).
A symbol of excellence since 1921, Duofold remains the most distinguished pen in Parker’s discerning lineage. Driven by a commitment to superior craftsmanship, every detail of Duofold is carefully thought-out and executed, with each piece meticulously brought together by hand to ensure the finest writing experience.
“The Duofold ‘The Craft of Travelling’ is a unique anniversary masterpiece and has been designed to be nothing less than extraordinary,” said Line Vivier, Global Brand Marketing Director, Parker. “We look forward to continuing George’s legacy in the world of fine writing.”
- 18kt solid gold nib with unique compass design on nib
- Gold-plated cap and clip
- Body of pen features lasered golden lines map covered with a deep blue coloured varnish
- 2ct lapis lazuli jewel embedded in the cap
- Limited edition of 1300 fountain pens
- Edition number shown detailed on the bottom of each pen
- Comes with a black ink bottle, black cartridges with a dedicated label and pen holder
- Premium converter inside the body of the pen
- 22 components assembled by hand in Nantes (France)
- Certificate of authenticity signed by Geoffrey S. Parker, great-grandson of George S. Parker
- Luxury gift box inspired by vintage luggage