Posted on April 8, 2015.
National Stationery Week runs from 27th April - 3rd May this year and to celebrate we’re launching the stationery world’s newest art competition! Building on the success of last year’s doodle competition we’re encouraging people to express their artistic side. As an artistic medium, pen and paper is often overlooked, but it’s perhaps the most accessible and commonly used. Nearly every notebook owner has succumbed to the guilty pleasure of an idle doodle or sketch. With a little bit more time and effort this innate talent can be harnessed to create more sophisticated works of art. We’re setting the theme of “Talking is for now, writing is forever” for this year’s competition. Show us your interpretation of this theme in any way you choose. From calligraphy and lettering to drawing and doodling as well as anything in-between. The only stipulation we have is that entries must be created with pen and paper. There are three age groups (under 11’s, 11-16’s and over 16’s) and the winner of each group receives a special stationery prize bundle. We’re still adding to the prize bundles and will announce their contents soon!To enter, all you have to do is photograph or scan your art and email it to email@example.com with your name, age and contact details. Alternatively you can tweet your submission with the hashtag #PenShopArt2015 or hand a copy in to your local branch of The Pen Shop. Importantly, the competition is completely free to enter and we’re not putting a limit on how many different designs you can enter. Entries into the competition will be accepted up until 3rd May 2015. A judging panel from The Pen Shop will select a winner from each group after this date. Winners will be announced on The Pen Shop blog after 11th May 2015. Terms and Conditions
- To enter the Competition, You should create an art piece using the medium of pen and paper. The piece will be based upon the theme of “Talking is for now, writing is forever”. Digital copies of the piece will be accepted as entries.
- Competition closes 3rd May 2015. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
- Winners will be announced on The Pen Shop Blog (http://blog.penshop.co.uk/) on 11th May 2015 unless delayed due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Reasonable effort will be used to contact winners by no later than 12th May 2015.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The entries will be split into age categories – under-11’s, 11-16 and 16+ with one winner selected from each category.
- The winner’s prizes are as shown on The Pen Shop Blog. No cash alternative will be offered.
- We want the world to see your art! By entering, you agree that your work may be reproduced by The Pen Shop, including in promotional materials, with full credit given to the entrant.
- Regrettably, entries which are submitted via post cannot be returned.
- All entries must be the entrant’s own work; entries which include material from other artists will not be included in judging.
- Lewd/offensive entries or entries subject to copyright restriction will not be considered.